5:30am. 5:45am. 6:00am. We’ve all fallen victim to the ever-enticing morning snooze session.
If you aren’t a morning person, there is absolutely no pressure to workout early – at obé we’re all about making it work for you. But, if you’re looking to escape the snooze and wake up earlier to fit in a morning workout, this is the post for you.
Getting up and getting moving is a great way to kick start your day, leaving you energized and ready to tackle that interview, carpool, a last-minute deadline or a first date. And while it may seem daunting to start a new habit, we spoke to our in-house #GirlBoss, Madelaine O., to see how she gets up at 4:45am to teach her 6am class – all before heading to her day job at Goldman Sachs. From late night client dinners to intense deadlines, Madelaine has mastered her morning routine, swearing on daily endorphins to keep her energy up.
“For me working out in the morning is key to my overall mood and productivity levels and I’ve been doing it for several years now. I pick out my clothes the night before and pack my bag for the next day so that there’s nothing slowing me down. Setting an alarm and having a cup of coffee is key. I’ve noticed that my clients who have an accountability partner or use the obé Facebook group are the ones who really stick with it. Tuning in live and knowing that everyone else is with you is beyond motivating.
The 6am crew also loves it when they hear each other’s names called out and post their #sweatyselfies after class (all before the sun comes up!).
Other tips for waking up for those 6am classes:
- Set your alarm away from your bed so that you need to physically get up to turn it off or immediately place your feet on the floor (once you’re up, you’re up)
- Leave your blinds open before bed – natural light in the morning will cue your body that it’s time to get moving
- Keep a glass of water on your nightstand and hydrate as soon as you hear your alarm
- Maintain a relaxing and restful evening routine, getting at least 7 hours of zzz’s before your wake up call
- Schedule your weekly workouts in advance, using our reserve tool so they show up in your calendar – commitment is key!
Stick to these tips and before you know it, you’ll be in the #6amCrew!
ALL IN ⚡️ FULL OUT