Kris Carr is a wellness warrior, healing junkie & best-selling author helping people everywhere re-establish their relationships with food & themselves. According to Kris, the most important thing you can do in life is to “build a relationship with yourself” tracking the below pillars & taking inventory of you, each and every day.
Watch the talk & find Kris’ 5 pillars below!
- The easiest step: eat at your fruits & vegetables at every meal
- According to Kris, the more veggies we are eating, the closer we are to nature and nature is THE medicine
- Hydration is key – make sure you are drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces!
- Hydration helps with your energy, mood and…it helps you poo, which is vital
- Change the narrative of the negative story you’re telling yourself
- We are constantly telling ourselves “we can’t” – feeding ourselves a diet of lies all the time. When we begin to pay attention to the negativity and shift that actively and intentionally, everything changes
- Thinking positively physically changes our bio-chemistry, our relationships, and everything else in our lives for the better
- Your purpose is joy, you should be living in it!
- PS – you can access Kris’s pep talk meditation any time here
- When it comes to sleep, you need to be getting at least 7.5-8 hours per night
- Start to track your sleep and see how it’s going over time – if you find you aren’t sleeping enough, challenge yourself to put your energy intentionally towards just getting in those zzz’s. It’s all about one step at a time!
- Movement is medicine. Be sure to get in your 28 minutes or even just get up from your desk to go for a walk during the day
- Renewing also includes connecting with your community & having FUN. Life should be about fun, so make sure you are carving out that downtime for yourself
PSST…looking for Kris’ favorite natural deodorant? It’s Soapwala, here!